Friday, February 25, 2005

 

Divorce Psalm

Oh God, my wounded soul cries out to you.
My heart pleads in pain.
Will distress be my companion forever?
Uneasiness my troubler by night?

I am insulted and rejected.
I am violated and scorned.
My kindness is rebuked and dashed to the ground
And my love begets only violence.

My hurt is like flesh ripped open,
A part of me crudely wrenched out.
No surgeon has sewn up the tear.
My pain throbs exposed.

Comfort me, oh God.
Calm the turbulence within me.
For when I am distraught
Your praises are difficult to sing
And my hand trembles in your service.

God, remove this stressful burden!

As I walk confidently in the palm of your hand
The healing froth of your love tide
Washes over my injured spirit
And urges me toward wholeness.

(1985)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?