Sunday, May 01, 2005

 

Morning Prayer

Morning Prayer

Serenity.
My gaze following the shredded
golden foil pathway
Toward the brightness just risen
above the mists of the horizon.
Sunrise on the sea.

Daybreak.
The sound of windless waves
lapping confidently on the shore,
Unstirred by the midday breezes
that are sure to come later.
Morning calm.

Early morning.
Pondering Bible poetry,
I pray in silence,
Undisturbed by the midday stresses
that are sure to come later.
I shall not face them alone.

Comments:
Thanks. No I just wrote it actually in my head the same day I posted it while I was in th doctor's office in between when the nurse takes you blood pressure and then you have to wait a long time for the doctor to come in and do the rest of the physical. Then I cam home and wrote it down.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?